Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mr. Henson

I am 38 years old now and I proudly admit that I am one of the countless number of humans who had been thought how to sing, read, write and be creative by all kinds of friendly monsters.

I remember singing "G" with George and Grover under a tree.

I remember laughing when Bert was so annoyed while Ernie was counting firetrucks when counting sheeps to fall asleep won't work.

I remember when I was around 7 years old, I made my own sock puppet, hid behind the sofa and let my own monster sang.

September 24 is Jim Henson's birthday. And I thank him for crafting me into what I am today.

Sigh.


This is my daughter singing "Rainbow Connection"

2 comments:

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

your daughter is very talented! how old is she?

Bong Redila said...

Thanks, Nata. She turned 5 yrs old on that video. You can see her other songs here: http://www.youtube.com/user/greyzoo#p/u/1/CRJY11FGXtc

She will be performing again this December, she'll be singing Jackson's "Ben".