Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Dewgazer & The Dewdrop Fairy

It was in 2000 that I made this book for my girlfriend. The Dewgazer & The Dewdrop Fairy. It's basically a story about how we both met composed in fairy tale fit. Divided into 7 chapters, the book was originally written as a short poem, but due to my mind's constant bothering my goodnight sleep to add more spice, sugar and a bit of colored flavoring into it. And Boy, it went on like that for a couple of nights until the short verse transformed into a 175 line Children's Ballade. Handmade and book bound, artworks in each page were done in watercolor and ink including the written poem. I gave the finish book to my girlfriend's birthday on April of 2001. And in 2004 I was reading The Dewgazer & The Dewdrop Fairy as a bedtime story to our beautiful daughter.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one, you are very talented.

Anonymous said...

Bong, where can i take a look at this book. Is it out on publication? Anya ti trabahom idta Florida. Dinak ammo siguro, ta dika pay na meet diay guam. Bayaw ko ni uncle mo Boning, asawa ni Manang Mary diay Guam. Na meet ko ni Toots idi napan trabaho ni asawak diay FHP ti duwa nga tawen. Anyway, we moved back to US and now we are here in Minnesota. Happy Holidays to you and your family...Uncle Ed...

Shampoo said...

So nice. Has this been uploaded somewhere?